Gas Fireplaces in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, WA and the Surrounding Areas
Most homes use air conditioning systems for heat. Nonetheless, fireplaces are still quite popular. Fireplaces are a great source of heat during the cold season and provide a good reason for family members to gather and bond. The traditional fireplace uses firewood. Therefore, it is inconvenient in modern homes and unfriendly to the environment. That is why we recommend Gas Fireplaces in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, WA, and surrounding areas. Call us today for information about these convenient and energy efficient fireplaces.
Why Gas Fireplaces in Bellingham, Ferndale, Lynden, WA
Here are some of the advantages of a gas fireplace over firewood fireplaces;
- You no longer have to gather firewood.
- Gas does not produce smoke, so there is no ash to discard or chimney to clean.
- To light up a fire, all you need to do is to slip a switch or press a button.
- The thermostat settings allow you to control the fire, thus conveniently adjusting the temperature.
- 50% to 99% of the fuel is converted to heat energy as opposed to 10% to 30% in firewood gas places.
Types Of Gas Fireplaces
Generally, there are three types of gas fireplaces;
- Inserts – they are used to convert an existing wood fireplace to a gas fireplace.
- Zero clearance gas fireplaces – these are used where there is no existing fireplace. They are installed against walls.
- Free standing gas fireplaces – these types of fireplaces are independent of the house. All the surfaces are exposed, making them more effective in heat supply.
What To Consider When Buying Gas Fireplaces
Just like HVAC systems, what you are really looking for is high energy efficiency and a unit that is within your budget. Energy efficient gas fireplaces have some of the following features;
- High energy efficiency rating
- Has a direct vent
- Ceramic glass front
- An electronic ignition system
- Features a squirrel-cage -type circulation fan to transfer heat towards a room
- An insulated exterior to prevent heat loss
Check out our Facebook Page for more on gas fireplace efficiency, and other HVAC units’ maintenance tips.
Knowing the facts about gas fireplaces is a good of way of determining the unit that will best suit your home. However, there is a lot you need to know, and the technical details might be overwhelming to the average homeowner. That is why it is in your best interest to hire a full-service gas fireplace installation company. A good company should have good reviews and is ready to share previous customers testimonials.
We also provide following Servicse:
- Gas Fireplace Repair
- Gas Fireplace Service
- GasFireplace Installation
- Gas Fireplace Inspection
- Gas Fireplace Replacement
- Wood Burning Fireplace
- Wood Stove
- Free Standing Fireplaces
- Gas Fireplace Inserts